Please use this link to submit your resume: email@example.com
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce written material for newsletters, news releases, and pamphlets/brochures. Edit others’ written material for grammar and content.
- Develop presentations for self and others. Develop or contribute to the creation of content of presentations and/or speeches to promote awareness and understanding of issues relevant to the District. Operate various video, and audio-visual equipment.
- Initiate and/or maintain media and public contacts for disseminating information about the District’s project, activities and issues that concern its customers, stakeholders and the general public.
- Develop and maintain District’s website and social media presence. Assist in maintenance of a separate, secure website for conveying information to District board members, as needed.
- Manage advertising functions, including developing copy for newspaper, television, and radio ads or notices.
- Respond to inquiries from the media, public or other organizations.
- Organize and lead tours of the District’s project and those related to District operations.
- Represent the District on committees as directed by the General Manager or Government & Public Relations Manager.
- Provide support to other District personnel in activities related to internal, public and/or media relations and arrange interviews between District personnel and the media as needed.
- Coordinate or contribute to the organization of special events and/or meetings.
- Stay informed about current events and public opinion regarding issues related to District operations and inform others as appropriate.
- Serve as District’s spokesperson at meetings, interviews, and various functions as needed.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with media, customers, community organizations and representatives from various agencies and organizations.
- Assist Government and Public Relations Manager with lobbyist related activities as directed.
- Coordinate the District’s public outreach activities.
- Operate District’s drone/unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) to capture visual media of District facilities/activities.
Requirements and Experience
- College degree and three years of professional experience in the research, written preparation and dissemination of information to the public through such media as news releases, publications, public speaking, and/or broadcasting.
- Well-developed communications skills, including the ability to write and edit various articles and publications, experience with graphic design/layout and social media platforms and to give oral presentations to groups.
- Aptitude with technology and software, including word processing, desktop publishing, web design, presentation, graphic design, communications, and photo editing software.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Possess the ability to walk long distances through unimproved terrain, work near water, at heights and in confined spaces.
- Knowledge of and experience with media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, including the ability to inform via written, oral and visual media.
- Valid driver’s license
Salary commensurate with experience. Central cares about their employees and offers excellent compensation and benefits.
Central Nebraska Public Power & Irrigation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.