Central Nebraska Public Power & Irrigation District delivers irrigation water to more than 109,000 acres on the south side of the Platte River between North Platte and Minden and also provides supplemental water from Lake McConaughy to irrigation projects serving more than 100,000 acres along the North Platte and Platte Rivers. Central generates electricity for homes, farms and industry at four hydroplants, one at Kingsley Dam and three on Central’s Supply Canal. Central employs around 100 individuals and provides a great work environment where employees can experience diverse jobs in a close-knit, caring atmosphere. We offer excellent compensation and benefits including:
- Market competitive salary
- Continuing education/tuition reimbursement
- Deferred compensation plan with employer match
- Defined contribution retirement plan with employer match
- Family dental and vision care plans
- Family health insurance coverage
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
Central is looking for an Assistant Controller to assist in the management of financial accounts, records and funds to comply with Board policy, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission requirements as well as Federal and State law in a manner consistent with generally accepted accounting principles. The Assistant Controller must provide accurate work and be very detail oriented. This position is located in Holdrege, Nebraska and will report to the Controller and be part of a five-person department. Essential job functions include:
- Preparing and reviewing general ledger entries to produce accurate, compliant financial statements.
- Assisting in payroll and accounts payable functions.
- Tracking all interest earned and received on Central’s portfolio of investments.
- Assisting in the implementation of projects such as software conversions and benefit implementations.
- Analyzing workflow processes such as Purchasing and Accounts Payable as well as Inventory and continually looking for process improvements.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Four years of accounting experience preferred, preferably with experience in Governmental Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant license preferred.
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license.
- Provides accurate work and is very detail oriented.
- Able to analyze information.
- Enjoys working with numerical data and spreadsheets.
- Actively seeks opportunities to learn about new things. A reasonably quick learner.
- Able to improve procedures that are currently in place.
- Communicates effectively in both written and oral communications, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Has leadership and management potential.
- Sets goals, direction and can prioritize.
- Can coordinate work for staff and with outside parties.
- Customer service oriented and approachable.
- Open to change, new ideas and doing things in different ways.
- Works well as part of a team. Can foster a team spirit and bring individuals together.
- Ensures work gets done.
- Makes sure deadlines are met.
- Can provide structure to accounting processes and procedures.
- Behaves ethically and maintains confidentiality.
- A self-starter who will get work moving forward independently.
Please use this link to complete an application and submit your resume by May 23, 2018: https://goo.gl/MVQsfN
Central Nebraska Public Power & Irrigation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.