On this day in 1941, Kingsley Dam was officially dedicated. Water storage in Lake McConaughy began to fill and irrigation water was delivered that same year. The project as a whole was officially completed in 1943.
Chief Engineer George E. Johnson is shown above speaking at the dedication ceremony.
A large crowd gathered to attend the official dedication of Kingsley Dam.
Two young girls are shown here cutting a string to drop a capsule into the dam at the ceremony.
For more information on the history of the Central Nebraska Public Power and Irrigation District, visit our History page here.