THE CENTRAL NEBRASKA PUBLIC POWER AND IRRIGATION DISTRICT
December 7, 2015 – 9:00 a.m.
REGULAR BUSINESS MEETING OF THE BOARD
1. Open Meetings Act
2. Roll Call
3. Public Input
4. Consent Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of Regular Business Meeting of the Board of Directors held November 2, 2015
- Approval of Minutes of Committee Meeting of the Board of Directors held November 30, 2015
- Approval of the December Disbursements:
J-2 Regulating Reservoir Construction Fund:
Flex Spending Account:
- Approval of Supplemental Work Order No. 2107169S – Telecommunications Battery Replacement (Kingsley) ($1,198.00)
- Approval of the following Right of Way Transaction:
APPLICATION TO CLOSE LATERAL
|System||Tract No.||Legal Description||Landowner|
|Phelps||A46.5#2||NE¼ of 32-7-15||Leland R & Jerrilyn J Anderson|
(Close entire Lateral 46.5)
- Approval of the following Water Service Agreement:
|System||Acct. No.||Legal Desc.||Landowner||Contr. Acres||Total Acres Chg’d|
|SC||9231902||SE1/4 18-9-23, NE1/4 & (N1/2 & SE1/4)NW1/4 19-9-23||John P & Alice Ann Klitz||168(1)(5)|
(NOTE: Previously Acct 9003, 58 ac, Acct 9063, 90 ac & Acct 9074, 20 ac)
(1) IPP Amendment to Water Service Agreement for the 2016 irrigation season accompanies new WSA.
(2) IPP Amendment to Water Service Agreement for the 2016 irrigation season to accompany existing WSA.
(3) Water Service Agreement terminated after 2015, landowner came-back with new WSA.
(4) Water Service Agreement in 10-year termination (after 2015), landowner came-back with new WSA.
(5) Documents are currently being reviewed with landowners and/or are being signed by the landowners.
- Approval of Progress Payment Estimate No. 1 (Final) Contract No. 0-659 – Jim Ostgren Construction Co. for 2015 E65 Earthwork Program ($54,910.20)
- Approval of Closure of Contract No. 0-659 – Jim Ostgren Co. for 2015 E65 Earthwork Program ($54,910.20) – On April 6, 2015 Contract No. 0-659 was awarded to Jim Ostrgen Construction Company for the 2015 E65 Earthwork Program for a total contract amount of $54,910.20. All work has been completed, inspected and found to be satisfactory. Payment in the amount of $54,910.20 shall be made to Jim Ostgren Construction Company and Contract No. 0-659 shall be closed.
- Approval of the variance request at 24 K-1, Lake McConaughy to construct an addition to the property which includes an attached garage with a laundry room and handicap accessible bathroom, which would be situated approximately 8.5’ within the lot’s 20’ rear setback
- Approval of the variance request at 8 Mallard Cove, Johnson Lake to place a storage shed a distance of 4’ from the side lot line and 4’ from the rear lot line, and to waive any fees associated with the variance request
- Approval of an easement to the North Shore Area Association (Johnson Lake) for the installation of a new Community Water Delivery System
- Approval of the variance request at 37 North Shore, Johnson Lake to construct a basement by removing the existing house and to reconstruct the house with the screened in porch to the same distance from the shoreline as previously existed. The previously granted variance shall be valid and the variance fee shall be waived
- Approval of an amendment to the Guidelines for Determining Hardship Relief to grant a transitioning customer who is resuming the standard customer status to make monthly payments, without accruing interest, for one year following conversion from receiving hardship relief
- Approval of the 2016 Irrigation Rates as follows:
|Incremental Pricing Program, 9” base fee||$33.60 per acre|
|IPP Acre-inch fee from 9” to 18” of use||$1.17 per inch|
|Non IPP rate 12” contracts||$37.11 per acre|
|Non IPP rate 18” contracts||$44.13 per acre|
|Use over 18” rate||$44.13 per acre-foot|
- Approval of an amendment to the Investment Policy to include Federal Farm Credit Bank (FFCB) bonds as permissible investments
- Approval of the following pasture/agricultural leases:
|Name||Type of Lease||Acres||Rent||Term||Location||Tract No|
|D. McGee, Inc.||Grassland/Pasture & Irrigated Agricultural Lease||15.5, 8.9 & 3.8||$2,049.00||01/01/16 – 12/31/20||SE¼ of Section 6-T8N-R21W||E_201|
|Douglas K. German & Constance S. Koch||Grassland/Pasture Agricultural Lease||2.4||$73.00||01/01/16 – 12/31/20||SW¼NE¼ of Section 24-T8N-R23W||E65_1020|
|John P. Klitz & Alice Ann Klitz||Grassland/Pasture Agricultural Lease||26||$545.00||01/01/16 – 12/31/20||S½ and NE¼ of Section 19-T9N-R23W||E_147 & E_189|
|Lonnie L. Gosnell & Tonda L. Gosnell||Grassland/Pasture & Dryland Agricultural Lease||12.52 & 10.48||$923.20||01/01/16 – 12/31/20||NW¼ of Section 21-T12N-R28W||E_162|
|Margaret R. Curtis||Grassland/Pasture Agricultural Lease||4.24||$109.80||01/01/16 – 12/31/20||SW¼ of Section 17-T13N-R29W||E_40|
- Approval of the 2016 Property & Casualty Insurance Renewal
Factory Mutual Insurance Company (FM Global) for Property-Boiler & Machinery, Inland Marine and Terrorism insurance in the amount of $16,340.00; and
Dunbar-Peterson Insurance Agency for Worker’s Compensation, Commercial Auto, Commercial Crime, General & Management Liability, and Excess Liability in the amount of $230,365.00
- Approval of the Agreement for Hike & Bike Trail between the Johnson Lake Sanitary and Improvement District #1 of Gosper County (and Dawson County), Johnson Lakes Development, Inc. and The Central Nebraska Public Power and Irrigation District
- Approval of the Water Service Agreement for Groundwater Recharge on E65/Elwood Reservoir between the Nebraska Department of Natural Resources, Tri-Basin Natural Resources District and The Central Nebraska Public Power and Irrigation District
- Approval of the Water Service Agreement for Goundwater Recharge on Elwood Reservoir between The Nebraska Community Foundation, Platte River Recovery Implementation Program, and The Central Nebraska Public Power and Irrigation District
- Approval of the Water Service Agreement for Goundwater Recharge on Phelps Canal between the Nebraska Department of Natural Resources and The Central Nebraska Public Power and Irrigation District
- Approval of the Water Service Agreement for Goundwater Recharge on Phelps Canal between The Nebraska Community Foundation, Platte River Recovery Implementation Program, and The Central Nebraska Public Power and Irrigation District
- Personnel Action – Approval of Assistant Gothenburg Division Manager Job Description